Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 14

Today was a fantastic day at the sail loft! The first thing that we did was finish up the parachutes, which turned out to be a lot easier than yesterday. Sewing them was super easy because the cloth was so thin. Emily and I then started in on a new project. We decided that we are going to do a final project so that we have something to present. We are making bags out of old sails. We are making three each. We will keep one each and give the other two to Ben to sell in the loft. The bags are going to be so cool. We cut pieces from a giant sail. I have finished one so far and it looks awesome! I cant wait to finish the others. I still have to put the straps and grommets on. I think I will use rope for the straps, instead of canvas. I cant believe tomorrow is the last day. I have had a lot of fun at the loft and learned a lot. The people there are all really nice.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It all sounds terrific - and I love that you're making bags. I think rope handles will be more fitting than canvas too.

    Hard to believe it's been three weeks already; this has be the fastest May ever!

    ReplyDelete